RAF100 Royal Mint Centenary Spitfire Coin 2018 – Bravery In the Skies
Out of stock
- The second coin in a celebratory collection
- The famous Spitfire captured on an official UK coin
- An official licensed product of the Royal Air Force for the RAF100 celebrations
- With a design that captures the beauty of the Spitfire, created by brothers Neil and Richard Talbot
- A moving gift for anyone who has served in the RAF and a great gift for aviation enthusiasts
- Presented in a CD-style case filled with specially sourced imagery and information
- Finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard
Bravery in the Skies – the Iconic Spitfire
The graceful but deadly Spitfire is simply unmistakable, an iconic symbol of the battle for the skies over Britain in the Second World War. As part of the 100th anniversary celebrations of the Royal Air Force, the famous Spitfire appears on an official UK £2 coin.
This is the second coin in the series, but it’s not too late to buy the first coin in the collection, which bears the badge of the RAF, and another three coins will follow featuring more of the RAF’s iconic aircraft.
This edition of the £2 coin has been finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard, a finer finish than the circulating coins you will find in your change. The packaging that protects your coin has been created in collaboration with the RAF especially for the centenary celebrations. It is filled with specially sourced imagery and even a quote from one of the pilots lucky enough to fly the iconic plane.
RAF Centenary Badge 2018 UK £2 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
|Alloy||Inner: Cupro-nickel – Outer:Nickel-brass|
|Reverse Designer||Richard Talbot and Neil Talbot|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Edge Inscription||Per Ardua ad Astra|