RAF100 Royal Mint Centenary Spitfire 2018 – UK £2 Silver Proof Coin
Out of stock
Beautiful, Swift, Deadly – the Iconic Spitfire
In 1918, The Royal Mint struck the medals that honoured the heroic men and women of the RAF. In 2015 we issued a 50p coin to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle Britain. Now in 2018, we are proud to be involved in the RAF100 celebrations, striking a collection of five coins to mark the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.
This is the second coin in the series and it features the Spitfire – the first time the aircraft has appeared on a United Kingdom coin. Entering service in 1938, the Spitfire served in every major theatre of the Second World War. It played a key part in Britain’s ‘finest hour’ and remains close to the hearts of those who have flown one of the iconic aircraft.
This edition of the £2 coin has been struck in sterling silver. The coin’s reverse was created by brothers Richard and Neil Talbot and every detail of their design has been finished to Proof standard. The collection has been created in partnership with the RAF and the accompanying booklet includes specially sourced imagery and information on the famous plane.
- An official UK coin featuring the famous Spitfire
- A fully licensed product, created for the RAF100 celebrations
- Celebrate the iconic spitfire and pay tribute to the RAF
- These limited edition coins will be hugely popular – secure your coin today
- Struck in sterling silver and finished to Proof standard, the highest grade finish on commemorative coins
- Just 7,500 coins are available in this Limited Edition Presentation
RAF Centenary Spitfire 2018 UK £2 Silver Proof Coin
|Maximum Coin Mintage||10000|
|Reverse Designer||Richard Talbot and Neil Talbot|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Edge Inscription||Per Ardua ad Astra|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|